Friday, August 31, 2012

Chapter 6, #2


I have not yet experienced a time when I had to stand my ground on an issue despite the risk of losing my friends or my job. If I were to face an issue that had such high risks at stake, I would have to step back for a second to see how this issue would affect my life and reflect on how strongly I felt about the issue. If I felt passionate about the issue I would let my friends and/or manager know how I felt and explained to them why the issue bothered me. After listening to their thoughts and opinions, I would let them know that I understood and that I simply did not agree with their position.
         I would hope to have not jeopardized any of my friendships and/or jobs, but if I took the time to factor out the pros and cons of the argument and built up enough courage to stand my ground, I would not have any regrets no matter the out come of the issue.

-Robin

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Whenever I face an issue that is going to have a tremendous impact on me I always need to take a moment and think for myself. I need to take a step back and think of consequences on how the issue would affect the people around me including myself. It’s always to stand up to what you believe in and if I was really passionate about the issue also I would let others around me know how I felt even if it meant loosing a friend. I feel like its important to stand up for what you believe in especially if it was something that really meant a lot to you, however, having a job is really important so likely I have never faced a time where I had to stand my ground on an issue that could risk losing a job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally agree with you. There may be some people think that it is an action of coward to not dare to stand for what they really want. But think deeply, we are just considering the consequences that will cause after we stay strong on what we believe and stand back to find a way out of a stalemate. In another word, it is a mature way to handle different things in our life time. The attitude of how we face or deal with every situation is very important. That can definitely change the outcome of a story. Besides, the tone or manner of speaking is also carrying a significant role. On behalf of that, we must try to understand and being understood. So that lots of quarrels or wars can be avoided.

    ReplyDelete