Saturday, November 17, 2012

Chapter 12, Question #2

There are a lot of times where you can misjudge someone by just looking at them. We try not to do that, but I think it is natural for humans to judge in order to keep themselves safe. For instance, I was on my way home on the bus and I was scanning the aisle to find a seat. I saw a woman sitting there, she seemed a little off or upset, but she offered me the seat next to hers. So I sat down, and it turned out to not be so bad. She was actually very nice and friendly, which made the bus ride go a lot quicker. This shows that your first observation is not always right when you base it solely on looks. And it also shows that you have to get to know the person before you make a judgment on whom they are or how they would act. 

1 comment:

  1. It is very true that people can judge someone just by their looks to keep themselves safe. When we see someone who doesn't fit into the norms in our head, we always try to categorize them into something so that we don’t have to step outside of our comfort zones. I think that once we are able to do that as a society, we’ll be a lot better off than we are now. I think that the key is to be kind and allow people to be individuals.

    ReplyDelete